September Racing

From the Sailing Secretary-

Having been asked to look at adding some races to our calendar, I have come up with the following plan. Let’s call these the COVID RECOVERY races

It is intended to run the races on the 5th, 19th, 26th Sept using the courses and sailing instructions from our JPRs but to run them as closed events (FCYC only). 

These are Sunday races to avoid clashes with RFYC events.

Starts / finishes will be without a committee boat i.e. using H mark and the end of the breakwater as the line. 

Finish times to be recorded by individual skippers and sent to  forthcorinthians

FCYC Sailing Programme Changes

Sun 05 SeptInchkeith trophy course12:00No committee boat, Start / finish H mark and end of Breakwater
Sun 12 Sept Ladies Race15:00Rescheduled from 10 july
Sun 19 SeptCrawford cup course12:00No committee boat, Start / finish H mark and end of Breakwater
Sun 26 SeptMarsh & Surry Course 14:30No committee boat, Start / finish H mark and end of Breakwater
Sat 02 OctPort Edgar Stern chaseAnd BACK12:00No committee boat, Start / finish H mark and end of Breakwater Finish time extended to 18:00
Sun 12 OctClosing Regatta15:00 
Sat 23 OctLift out  

Pontoons Open!

Our pontoons can now be used by Club members.

Please observe the social distancing signs and the Scottish Government Covid 19 guidance at this time.

The temporary pontoons tied on  the outside are there to facilitate the minimum 2 metre distance rule whilst giving way to people leaving.

2 metre distancing  can be maintained on the gangway by giving way to people leaving whilst staying 2 metres back on the outside of the gate. No passing on the gangway please.

It is not permitted to stay overnight on boats berthed on the pontoons in line with RYA current guidance.

Please note the pontoons are not open to visiting boats at this time.


Lift In Postponed

It has been debated and agreed at Council that “Lift In”, scheduled for the 18th April 2020, should be postponed.
A date for rescheduling will be agreed in line with Government guidance and advice on Coronavirus during the following weeks.

This notification of postponement may seem premature being four weeks to 18th April but the next four weeks are probably the busiest in the clubs year with boats still needing  to be prepared for the season. In line with the Government advice to self isolate if required, minimise contact with others and concern for the over 70’s and those in the “at risk” category, it makes sense to eliminate unnecessary contact with others at the yard and Bell Block.

I trust we have your support on this decision and that we can look forward to enjoying ourselves on the water albeit a bit later in the year than normal.

Please follow the Government advice on Coronavirus and keep yourself and families safe and please be considerate to others.