- Boat owners wishing to moor at the pontoons for two days or more should make prior arrangements with the managers before taking up position on the pontoons, to facilitate the best use of space.
- A reduced rate for seven days (viz. six times the daily rate) will only apply if pre-arranged and pre-paid.
- 14 days is the maximum continuous period that any vessel may stay on the pontoons during the sailing season, without specific agreement of the directors (for reasons such as bad weather, awaiting spare parts, etc.).
- Pontoon dues fall to be paid immediately after mooring on the pontoon facilities. Payment should be made at the FCYC Yard or the office or bar of the RFYC and the receipt should be displayed conspicuously on the vessel which must itself be clearly named. Overdue fees will be invoiced to the owner and will incur an additional £10 administration charge.
- Boats must be moored securely, close together (about one metre apart), using suitable mooring ropes (viz. springs as well as bow and stern lines), leaving usable space for others.
- The pontoons are for the exclusive use of leisure vessels except where specifically detailed by the company.
- An access fob for the gate to the pontoons can be obtained by submitting an application form through RFYC Hon. Secretary. Please ensure the gate is never left open while unattended.
- ‘Pontoon Rules and Conditions of Use’ are posted on the notice board at the top of the gangway, and in the Bell Block and RFYC clubhouse.
- Forth Corinthian Yacht Club and Royal Forth Yacht Club (the “Owners”) and the Edinburgh Marina Limited (the “Managers”) accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered by any user to their vessel or property thereon howsoever arising, including any loss or damage arising out of the Owners’, their Managers’ or their respective servants’ or agents’ negligence.
More information is available on the Edinburgh Marina webpages