Corinthians are invited to attend the RFYC winter talks, more info in this RFYC Winter Talks 2018 flyer.
Please click the link below to access the latest edition of Fairwind.
At our first Off the Water Training in January, we discussed our next session which is on Sails and how they work! There was a lot of enthusiasm and lots of questions put forward:
We will have 30 minutes very basic chat. There will be something for everyone!
Here are some of the questions:
- How do you set up a rig?
- Light wind sailing…Is it best to have the main outhaul on tight…Downwind or outhaul eased?
- Best way to increase luff tension in foresail: Tighten halyard or pull on backstay?
- When do you employ kicker?
- Tips for light airs sailing…..
- Do you have to do anything different when trimming a furling foresail than you do when using standard genoa?
- How do all the different tell tails work?
- How do you get the best out of old sails and what can the Sail Doctor offer to do to upgrade old sails, if anything?
Don’t forget you membership subs are due from the 1st February 2018.
You should have already received an email invoice.
It’s Saturday April 14th
Come along to RNLI Queensferry Lifeboat station on Saturday 13th January to hear about one of Scotland’s busiest inshore lifeboat stations. Our talk/tour will start at 11am and will last 1 – 1.5 hours – pub lunch after perhaps!
Meet at Hawes Pier, Hawes Brae, South Queensferry, EH30 9TB at 10.50am.
Please let me know if you can make it by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org If anyone needs a lift get in touch.
Christmas jumpers at the ready, our Annual Prize Giving and Christmas Party is on Saturday 2nd December at Trinity Bowling Club from 7pm.
Ahoy Corinthians – it’s that time of year again – please let the Harbour Secretary know if you want space in the Yard (if you haven’t already done so) – and here is the form if you wish a space on the pontoon –