Two events for consideration this week:
Tuesday 22 May Training on the Water covers the dark arts of flying a spinnaker:
How do you set up spinnaker tackle?
How do you trim a spinnaker to make it work?
Would you like to ‘fly’ the spinnaker?
All will be revealed next Tuesday 22 May at 7pm when Frank will be on the pontoons aboard SmiJ!
Sunday 27 May Fife Regatta hosted by Forth Cruising Club is the second event in the new FYCA Forth Series. For more information please go to https://fyca.org.uk/
A subject dear to all our hearts – Martin Palmer has put together a video of Robin bleeding diesel & changing the oil & filter. The first of many perhaps?
Above is a poster for a new racing series taking place on the Forth this year which combines the best of the previous FIG races and club regattas.
For more info please go to https://fyca.org.uk/
In addition FYCA now have a Facebook page “Forth Yacht Clubs Association” for cruising and racing on the Forth.
Members may be interested in the attached notice (see link below) which gives information about the services offered by RFYC to FCYC members.
The Sailing Committee will be telling us about the 2018 Sailing Programme. Food will include Franks famous slow cooked pulled pork made with his secret recipe (veggie food available too).
The bar will be open from 7pm……..
Corinthians are invited to attend the RFYC winter talks, more info in this RFYC Winter Talks 2018 flyer.
Please click the link below to access the latest edition of Fairwind.
At our first Off the Water Training in January, we discussed our next session which is on Sails and how they work! There was a lot of enthusiasm and lots of questions put forward:
We will have 30 minutes very basic chat. There will be something for everyone!
Here are some of the questions:
- How do you set up a rig?
- Light wind sailing…Is it best to have the main outhaul on tight…Downwind or outhaul eased?
- Best way to increase luff tension in foresail: Tighten halyard or pull on backstay?
- When do you employ kicker?
- Tips for light airs sailing…..
- Do you have to do anything different when trimming a furling foresail than you do when using standard genoa?
- How do all the different tell tails work?
- How do you get the best out of old sails and what can the Sail Doctor offer to do to upgrade old sails, if anything?