Corinthians are invited to attend the RFYC winter talks, more info in this RFYC Winter Talks 2018 flyer.
At our first Off the Water Training in January, we discussed our next session which is on Sails and how they work! There was a lot of enthusiasm and lots of questions put forward:
We will have 30 minutes very basic chat. There will be something for everyone!
Here are some of the questions:
- How do you set up a rig?
- Light wind sailing…Is it best to have the main outhaul on tight…Downwind or outhaul eased?
- Best way to increase luff tension in foresail: Tighten halyard or pull on backstay?
- When do you employ kicker?
- Tips for light airs sailing…..
- Do you have to do anything different when trimming a furling foresail than you do when using standard genoa?
- How do all the different tell tails work?
- How do you get the best out of old sails and what can the Sail Doctor offer to do to upgrade old sails, if anything?
It’s Saturday April 14th
Come along to RNLI Queensferry Lifeboat station on Saturday 13th January to hear about one of Scotland’s busiest inshore lifeboat stations. Our talk/tour will start at 11am and will last 1 – 1.5 hours – pub lunch after perhaps!
Meet at Hawes Pier, Hawes Brae, South Queensferry, EH30 9TB at 10.50am.
Please let me know if you can make it by emailing email@example.com If anyone needs a lift get in touch.
It’ll be on Saturday 28th October.
Don’t forget to let our Harbour Secretary know ASAP if you’ll require yard space over the winter.
Saturday 1st April at Trinity Bowling Club (7pm) there will be:
A short film about “The Aileach” – a Celtic Galley looked after by the Lord of the Isles Galley Trust
Curry!!!! At the bargain price of £3 per person. Pay on the night.
Hear about the 2017 Sailing Programme and a demo on how to use Big Tent – a booking system for putting skippers and crews together.
Doors open at 7pm – come along!
Our last “Off The Water” talk/meeting is on Tuesday 28th March 2017 in the Bell Block at 7pm.
It will be headed up by our Sailing Secretary Kenny Allan and will cover general points about racing including our Sailing Programme and will include the ABC’s of Racing……. to Handicaps, Starting a Race, Sailing a Course, Trimming Sails and Finishing a Race.