Paper copies are in the Bell Block.
Please return to email@example.com or post in the Bell Block by 21st September.
Members may be interested in the attached notice (see link below) which gives information about the services offered by RFYC to FCYC members.
The Sailing Committee will be telling us about the 2018 Sailing Programme. Food will include Franks famous slow cooked pulled pork made with his secret recipe (veggie food available too).
The bar will be open from 7pm……..
Corinthians are invited to attend the RFYC winter talks, more info in this RFYC Winter Talks 2018 flyer.
At our first Off the Water Training in January, we discussed our next session which is on Sails and how they work! There was a lot of enthusiasm and lots of questions put forward:
We will have 30 minutes very basic chat. There will be something for everyone!
Here are some of the questions:
- How do you set up a rig?
- Light wind sailing…Is it best to have the main outhaul on tight…Downwind or outhaul eased?
- Best way to increase luff tension in foresail: Tighten halyard or pull on backstay?
- When do you employ kicker?
- Tips for light airs sailing…..
- Do you have to do anything different when trimming a furling foresail than you do when using standard genoa?
- How do all the different tell tails work?
- How do you get the best out of old sails and what can the Sail Doctor offer to do to upgrade old sails, if anything?