About Us

The Forth Corinthian Yacht Club was founded in 1880 in the Granton Hotel, now known as the Claverhouse TA Centre, in Granton Square. It is a self-help club (we’re a registered
Community Amateur Sports Club) and our motto is “affordable sailing for all”. Members are expected to contribute to the functioning of the club by serving on the Council and taking part in work parties: we keep costs down by doing most jobs ourselves. We are an affilliated member of the Royal Yachting Association and the Forth Yacht Clubs Association.

In 1895 the Club removed to premises in Central Edinburgh. In 1968, after an interval of 73 years, the Club returned to Granton Square, this time on the westward side at No. 1 – the former Harbour Master’s House and Office. Currently our clubhouse is in our yard on the middle pier at Granton Harbour. The ‘Bell Block’ has an upstairs lounge with WiFi, and a kitchen, including tea and coffee making facilities. Downstairs there are toilets and ladies’ and gents’ showers with changing rooms. We share the harbour with the Royal Forth Yacht Club and both clubs have their own moorings.

 

Visitors

All visiting yachts people are welcome to use the clubhouse as temporary members without payment.

Contact us

You can write to us at:

Forth Corinthian Yacht Club
Middle Pier
Granton Harbour
Edinburgh
EH5 1HF

or send us an e-mail.